Springboro Athletic Department Responsible Restart
Springboro Athletics will be following the guidelines that were released last week by Governor DeWine as well as the Ohio High School Athletic Association (OHSAA). This process began on May 26th with opening outdoor school facilities and Athletic Department planning. This process has involved Athletic Administrators, Coaches, Athletic Trainers, and school district administrators. Below are some highlights that all athletes and families should know:
- We will be following all guidelines in regards to social distancing through each phase.
- All student-athletes are responsible for bringing their own water bottle to every workout. THERE WILL BE NO COMMUNITY WATER COOLERS. Students should not share water under any circumstance.
- Students and coaches will be screened for symptoms, including temperature checks, upon arrival to the facility. Screening answers will be documented by each coach.
- Students are expected to show up in their workout gear and to go home immediately after the workout. They are encouraged to shower at home. Locker Rooms will not be available at this time.
- Extra sanitizing will be done at the end of workouts. This will include sanitizing equipment (i.e. weight benches, barbells, balls, etc)
- Hand sanitizer will be available. Students are encouraged to have their own, if possible, and wash hands when able.
- Face Masks are encouraged for coaches and students when possible. Students are not required to wear a mask during physical activity.
- Outdoor facilities (i.e. track, stadiums, tennis courts, etc) will remain unlocked. If community members are using facilities, it is expected that they practice social distancing rules.
**Below are the Phases that our teams will work through. Specific expectations for each sport will be sent by each Head Varsity Coach.
Phase 1 – May 26 – June 7
- 9 students and 1 coach (total of 10 people) can work out at a time in a given area. This applies to indoors and outdoors.
- Only High School Athletes will participate in Phase 1 activities due to space and time restrictions.
Phase 2 – June 8 – June 21
- Indoor activities remain at a total of 10 people. Outdoor activities expand to 50 people or less.
Phase 3 – June 22 – TBA
- Indoor and outdoor activities allow up to 50 people.
- Junior High Athletes can begin to integrate into workouts at the coach’s discretion.
As a reminder, workouts and skill development are NOT MANDATORY. Conditioning and skill development is OPTIONAL. It is the choice of the student and the family if he/she attends these workouts.
We will do everything in our power to follow the guidelines safely, while also providing opportunities for our student-athletes to continue doing what they love and training for their seasons.
Please reach out to your coach with any individual questions.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone (9 at a time and 6-feet apart) very soon!