With Governor DeWine’s and the OHSAA announcement, Winter athletics are off and running – albeit with many restrictions. While the games will not necessarily look the same, and spectators will be limited, we should be excited for our student-athletes for their chance to have a season! Below are some key points from the Health Order (which can be found in full here Health Order) :
- Attendance at events has been limited to 15% of capacity. All tickets are reserved for family members or close relatives of the athletes.
- Players, coaches, athletic trainers, officials, staff, and spectators must conduct daily symptom assessments before attending an event.
- If you have symptoms, please stay home from the event.
- All spectators must wear facial coverings at all events.
- All coaches, athletic trainers, volunteers, and officials must wear face coverings, and players must wear face coverings when not on the field or court of play.
- Coaches and officials do not have to wear a face covering while blowing a whistle or actively coaching during a game or practice.
- Family and household members should sit together socially-distanced from other individuals/family/household groups
- Six Feet Social Distancing must be maintained between groups.
- No congregating before or after practices or games is permitted.
GWOC Specific Information
- Some GWOC Schools may have different attendance regulations based on sport and venue. In most cases, all participants will be allowed between 2-4 tickets for family at away events.
- Many schools may ask that all spectators leave after your student-athlete has finished competing OR to not arrive until shortly before their game starts.
- Specific school information will be communicated by coaches if an opposing venue is limited.
- Teams should not arrive more than 60 minutes before a scheduled event.
- Gates will not open until 30 minutes before a scheduled event.
- The Springboro Athletic Department is finalizing plans to work with TKDS that would stream live events like they did in the fall. Details about this can be found on our athletic website under Boro Sports Network under the “more” tab.
Please click the link below for more specifics of sports and venues: